Robert Black is the senior managing director of Seniors Housing Services with Newmark Knight Frank. Along with his partner Sean McNee, Mr. Black is responsible for overseeing the seniors housing services platform within the company. He is also responsible for establishing best practices in senior care real estate for Newmark Knight Frank while leading the national and global senior care team and, on a select basis, assisting clients in establishing comprehensive real estate strategies.
Mr. Black began his career in commercial real estate in 1996 and has since consistently ranked among the nation's top real estate brokers. He was recognized in his previous role with Cushman and Wakefield as a top producer for three out of the last five years.
Mr. Black and Mr. McNee have over 25 years of combined experience in the sector and have been involved in the acquisition, disposition and financing of over $3 billion in total consideration of seniors housing and health care properties. Mr. Black's comprehensive understanding of the national seniors housing market is complemented by his thorough analysis and marketing skills involving sale negotiations. A shrewd negotiator and effective communicator, he achieves his client's objectives and goals in a timely and organized fashion.
RECENT INVESTMENT SALES:
- Cornerstone Portfolio, Midwest, $142 million
- Sagebrook Senior Living, CA, $60 million
- Prestige Care Portfolio, Pacific Northwest, $32 million
- Glenwood Portfolio, Midwest, $34 million
- Carespring Portfolio, Midwest, $32.5 million
- Mountain Glen Retirement Community, WA, $25.5 million
- Eden Villa San Francisco, CA, $24 million
- Rosewood Assisted Living, LA, $16 million
- Villas at Houghton, AZ, $16 million
- The Gardens, MS, $10 million
- Chandler House, TN, $10 million
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- AUCTUS Capital
- BBVA Compass
- Capital Funding Group
- Capitol Seniors Housing
- Lancaster Pollard
- MBK Senior Living
- Watermark Senior Living
Mr. Black earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Colorado Boulder.